Last updated: 4 November 2020
Below you can find information about what cookies are, what type of cookies we use, how to disable cookies in your browser, and how to specifically disable the installation of third party cookies. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please send us email@example.com
What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the User's device when he/she accesses certain content through web pages, electronic media and/or applications. Cookies allow an application or website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a User or his/her computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way he/she uses his/her device, can be used to recognize the user.
Cookies are secure in that they can only store information used by the browser, information that the user has entered into the browser, or that which is included in the page request.
Some cookies are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of a website and/or application and may not contain viruses or damage your device.
Others have different purposes, such as facilitating navigation between pages and/or applications, storing the user's preferred language, allowing the user's preferences to be remembered, or detecting whether the user has visited the site before.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability. Cookies cannot damage your computer and their activation helps to identify and resolve possible errors.
What types of cookies are used on APAMBU?
Depending on the entity that manages them, the cookies used can be classified as follows
- (i) Own Cookies: are those cookies that are sent to your device and managed exclusively by us for the best performance of APAMBU. The information collected is used to improve the quality of our service and your experience as a user.
- (ii) Third Party Cookies: Cookies that are placed by a server in another domain with the permission of the site you are visiting (for example, when you press social networking buttons or view videos hosted on another website or application). We cannot access data stored in cookies from other websites or applications when you browse the above-mentioned websites or applications. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by APAMBU but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered our own cookies.
2.2. Depending on how long they remain activated, you can differentiate between the following cookies:
- (i) Session Cookies: these are temporary files that remain in the browser's cookie history until you leave the Website or applications, so they are not recorded on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. The data obtained through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns and data communication. They allow us to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- (ii) Persistent Cookies: these are stored on your hard drive and the Website and are read by the applications each time you visit again. Despite its name, a persistent cookie has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are generally used to facilitate the various services offered by the websites and applications.
2.3. According to the purpose of the cookie:
- Registration Cookies When the user registers on APAMBU, cookies are generated that identify him/her as a registered user and indicate when he/she has been identified on the portal.
These cookies are used to identify the user's account and associated services. These cookies are maintained as long as the user does not leave the account, close the browser or turn off the device.
- Analytical Cookies Cookies: Cookies can be used in combination with analytical data to identify individual user preferences on APAMBU.
- Performance Cookies Cookies: this type of cookie preserves the user's preferences for certain tools or services so that they do not have to be reconfigured each time they visit APAMBU and, in some cases, may be provided by third parties. Some examples are the volume of audiovisual players, item rating preferences or supported video playback speeds.
- Advertising Cookies Advertising spaces: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, in their case, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies Advertising spaces: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, in their case, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Geolocation Cookies Cookies: These cookies are used by programs that try to geographically locate the location of the computer, smartphone, tablet or television connected, in order to offer you more appropriate content and services.
- Other third party cookies Cookies: Some of our pages may be equipped with cookies from third parties in order to manage and improve the services they offer. An example of this use is links to social networks that allow us to share our content.
How can the user block or delete cookies?
The user can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on his/her computer by configuring the options of his/her Internet browser. If you block them, certain services that require their use may not be available to the user.
Below are the user links where you will find information on how to activate your preferences in the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser's Help.
- Firefox : Tools> Options> Privacy> History> Custom settings.
For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser's Help.
- Chrome Settings> Show advanced options> Privacy> Content settings.
For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help.
- Safari : Preferences> Security
For more information, you can consult the support at APAMBU or the browser Help.
The user can revoke his or her consent to the installation of cookies at any time by deleting the cookies installed on his or her computer through the configuration of the browser options, as indicated in the section "revocation and deletion of cookies". However, this may affect the functionality of the Website or the applications used by the user, making the experience less satisfactory.